Nissan, the 1st month on the Hebrew (God's) calendar
This month falls in March or April
This is the 1st month, in the Hebrew (Jewish) calendar, God's calendar. As it's written in Exodus 12:2.
In this month we have the season of Passover (Pesach) and unleavened bread (on the 14th-20th of Nissan).
Exodus 12:1-20, Lev 23:4-8, Deut 16:1-8, Numbers 28:16-19 Nissan is also called Abib.
The 14th of Nissan was the time when the children of Israel killed the lamb as an offering to God,
so that they may be delivered from Egypt (bondage, limitations),
as Exodus 12:12-13 says, and also on the 14th of Nissan, our Lord Jesus Christ (Yeshua Hamashiach) was crucified as a lamb, on the cross for the sins of the world, as Isaiah 53:7-8, 1 Pet 1:19, Rev 7:13-14, Rev 13:8 & Luke 22:14-22 says.
They put blood of the lamb on their doorposts to protect them from the destroyer, and we plead the blood of Jesus, the lamb, for protection against satan, our enemy.
1 Peter 1:2 and 1:18- 19, Revelation 12:11, Hebrews 11:2 8 & Exodus 12:13.
Feast of unleavened bread: (a celebration that takes 7 days, beginning from the 2nd day of Passover)
Apostle Paul says in 1 Corinthians 5:7-8 that we should keep the feast of Passover without leaven (evil habits, unforgiveness, malice, bitterness, gossip etc).
In this season we search our hearts, and lives for leavened things, and this is also the season when we reconcile and forgive those who we have wronged, or have wronged us, and restore broken relationships.
And we also ask God for forgiveness for things that we do that go against His perfect will for our lives.
Galatians 5:9 says: a little leaven (arrogance, bitterness, anger & self-righteousness etc.) leavens or corrupts the whole lump.
Nissan is a cognate to the word "nissim" in Hebrew, meaning "miracles", so in this month expect miracles, redemption deliverance, and possession. The season when you begin to trust in God using your obedience towards His word as the key.
Testimonies that took place in the season of Passover (unleavened bread):
· Peter was released from prison by an angel in the season of unleavened bread, Acts 12:1-11.
· Lot was saved from being destroyed with the people in Sodom & Gomorrah because he kept the feast of unleavened bread by giving his offering, Gen 19:3.
· Before Joshua was able to possess the promised land as un inheritance for the people of Israel, he first kept the Passover, and in return God gave him the angel that will fight their battles. Joshua 5:10-15.
· Gideon in Judges 6:19-26 gives his offering in the season of Passover, unleavened bread and at that same time he became a warrior of God (identity change).
· The young boy offers his 5 loaves of bread (barley loaves) in this season of Passover, also this season, being the season of barley harvest. When this boy offered his offering of barley, it became a miracle that fed 5000 men plus women and children. John 6:4-12.
This is also the season of barley harvest, when a thanksgiving offering to God was required from the harvest, Exodus 23:15.
The 1st day of Passover there is a counting of 50 days ( Omer counting ) that begins on that same day of Passover and finishes on the holy day of Pentecost (feast of weeks),
Pentecost means counting to 50, Pentecost is in the 3rd month, the month of Sivan. (Leviticus 23:1516).
In Exodus 12:31-42, you can read about; the children of Israel coming out of Egypt.
In this season of Passover and unleavened bread, we confess, recite and read out loud Isaiah 53:1-12 over our lives.
This month falls in March or April